Changelog (February 2022)AUTHOR: Francisco Sáez
In recent weeks we have introduced a number of small improvements to the web application. Most of them fall into the Project management section:
- The extended project description field allows you to document your project using the Markdown markup language.
- As with actions, you can now order the subprojects in a sequential project using drag and drop.
- We’ve also improved the action drag-and-drop feature to make it easier to drop an action into an empty sub-project and to the end of any sub-project.
- In the lists where you don’t see the sub-project structure (anything but the Next Actions list), now it is shown which subproject each item belongs to.
- A sub-project extended description field has been added, which also allows Markdown writing.
- In Kanban-type projects, delegated tasks that are on the Waiting For list are now identified by a specific icon.
Some other improvements have also been developed outside of Project management section:
- In the Next Actions list, the star-shaped icon (1) used to highlight actions you want to focus on has been separated from the “done” icon. The reason is that on touch screens it was very easy to make a mistake and terminate an action when you just wanted to check or uncheck the “focus” icon.
- The “Done” icon (2) in lists is now disabled immediately when clicked, to prevent accidental double-clicks that could lead to unexpected results in some cases.
- The task editor allows you to open, in another browser tab, the project to which the task belongs.
- Search results that include the Done list are sorted according to the date the action was completed to make it easier to locate actions.
- Many users of the app are programmers, so we’ve improved the feature of writing Markdown notes in actions so that code snippets can be included. Before, certain characters were removed to prevent the inclusion of malicious code.
- We have worked to make the integration with external calendars (Google and Outlook) more efficient. Now the events are not updated when the data modified in FacileThings do not affect the calendar scheduling. Some integration bugs have also been fixed.