FacileThings: Search Improved
The more data you enter into a personal organization system, the more important the Search feature becomes. There are times when you don’t remember exactly how you processed certain information, and there are times when it is simply faster to do a search than browse among lists, tags, and pages of data.
We have modified the Search feature in FacileThings so you can better find the information you need:
- Now similar words are found too, with the same stem, singular, plural, and different verbal forms. This feature works well if you are writing your data in English or Spanish, which are the languages supported by FacileThings so far.
- It’s highlighted with a yellow background where the concordant text has been located.
- Accent marks are ignored. You don’t have to worry about searching accented or unaccented words. The searching tool will find “café” when you’re looking for “cafes”. This feature is really useful if you’re using a latin or european language.
- You can search only for items that are alive. To do so, just check the box “Exclude Trash and Done items from the search”.
- You can combine positive and negatives searches. For example, “meeting !office” would find all the items that contain the word “meeting” but not the word “office” (negation is achieved by placing the character ! in front of the word.)
Other recent improvements
Other minor changes we have incorporated lately:
- When you access the login screen, the system redirects you directly to the application if the session is still open.
- Now the user’s language is always properly set when accessing the program.
- We’ve fixed an error that happened in the Evernote configuration when there were spaces typed after the tags.
- Although the Reference Material list does not show checklists (since its items are not supposed to be actions), the checklist is not deleted if it exists. If you move the item to another list, the checklist information will be retrieved.
- The parsing of the :time command has been improved, so now it does not matter if there are spaces between the quantity and the unit of measurement.
- Tags identification has been fixed when they are followed by a punctuation mark.
- URLs identification has been fixed when they are enclosed between parentheses.