FacileThings: Mobile App 1.1AUTHOR: Francisco Sáez
It has taken longer than we had estimated since we have done more things than were originally planned, but I think it’s been worth it. Now it is a much more useful application, and will allow you to perform all the stages of the GTD control flow.
This is the list of new features of version 1.1:
- A splash screen has been added.
- The login page has been changed, and the password encryption algorithm replaced, since it did not work fine with Latin characters.
- There is a new homepage, depicting the stages of the GTD flow control: collect, process, organize, review and do.
- The Dashboard section has been completely redesigned (now under the option Organize/Review), optimizing access to the cloud (only done when there are changes), adding totals on each list and filters for finding the information within.
- In addition, the Calendar view is grouped by days and shows the weekday of every group.
- New feature to process your stuff, where you can state what exactly you have captured, tag it conveniently, assign it a reminder and link it to a project, goal or area of responsibility.
- New feature to select what to do depending on the context in which you are, your available time and your energy level.
- New feature to view and edit an item.
- And we fixed some bugs.
Populating dates. Due to the wide variety of Android devices and OS versions—not all of them use the same format for dates—and different international formats, we decided to leave the design of a date/time picker for the next iteration, so as not to delay this release.
For now, you can enter dates in the input fields for them using the format YYYY-MM-DD, or yo can use the command
:day in the description of the task. I remember you some possibilities:
:day tomorrowwill assign the next day’s date.
:day tuesdaywill assign the next Tuesday’s date (you only need to type the first three letters of the weekday).
:day 28will assign the next 28th.
:day June 28or
:day 6/28will assign the next June 28.
:day June 28, 2014or
:day 6/28/2014will assign that specific date.
- To set the time, just add it at the end of
:day today 15:30.
Blinking when switching screens on certain Android devices with OS 2.2/2.3. This is an annoying defect caused by the framework on which we develop the application. Framework engineers are aware of the problem and trying to fix it. We will update the app as soon as it is solved.
As always, thank you very much for your criticisms and suggestions. Let’s continue improving! :)