Productivity and GTD
What is "The Pursuit of Mastery" about?
A few months ago, a Hyperink Press editor got in touch with me and offered me to do a beautiful ebook based on the best content from this blog. Apparently, they had thoroughly researched the blog, and both the subjects and the quality of our articles fit pretty well in their company’s mission: to bring readers blogs with good content—often difficult to find—so they can learn about a topic in a fun and fast way.
What an honor! Especially because I had just read two of their books, which had allowed me to catch up—and learn a lot of things—with two well-known authors of my interest (Patrick McEnzie has an awesome blog about selling software online, and Sean Ellis has another one, no less interesting, about marketing for startups).
Although at first I was a bit reluctant because of my English (the English versions of my articles must contain a million mistakes of all kinds), it was a great opportunity to update past articles and reach a wider audience. They assured me they would review, proofread and copy-edit every article. The truth is that they have done a great job because, moreover, the content has been organized following a structure that makes a lot of sense and allows you to have a smooth reading.
This is the table of contents of The Pursuit of Mastery. How to Improve Your Life Through Increased Productivity:
II. Productivity 101: The Basics
- The 3 Laws of Productivity
- How to Find Your Life Purpose
- Productivity Is About You
- No Habits, No Productivity
- Be Proactive to Become Productive
III. Advanced Principles of Productivity
- The Broken Windows Theory
- Your Inspiration as a Source of Productivity
- Productive Laziness
- Waiting is Not Procrastinating
- Falling Off the Wagon
- Two Ways of Thinking, One Objective
- Productivity Against Creativity?
- Perfect Does Not Mean Productive
IV. Take Control of Your Time
- Learn to Track Your Time
- Being a Professional Doesn’t Mean Working More
- How to Stop Feeling Overwhelmingly Busy
- When You Say Yes, You Must Mean YES
- What Should I Do Right Now?
- 8 Ways to Make Time
- 12 Time Thieves
V. The Importance of Motivation
- Intrinsic Motivation
- Self-Determination Theory
- Fear as a Motivator
- The Pursuit of Mastery
VI. Stay Focused
- A Culture of Distraction
- How to Fight Interruptions
- 10 Tips to Stay Focused
VII. Become Your Best
- Changing Things
- Deliberate Practice… or How to Be an Expert
- 5 Tips to Make Ideas Happen
VIII. Increased Productivity = A Greater Lifestyle
- Eliminating the Unnecessary
- How to Fix Your Life
- Why You Should Have a Side Project
- The Single Most Important Question